Effective 8/23/17 – 6/04/18
Base rate = $75 / hr
- Base rate applies for lessons that are not prepaid more than 24 hours in advance.
- $5 / hr discount for 1 – 3 hours prepaid* all at once (“weekly” rate) or for your very first lesson.
- $10 / hr discount for 4 – 11 hours prepaid* all at once (“monthly” rate). $260 minimum.
- $15 / hr discount for 12 – 23 hours prepaid* all at once (“semester” package). $720 minimum.
- $20 / hr discount for 24+ hours prepaid* all at once (“school year” package). $1,320 minimum.
If you prepay for a block of dates at your very first lesson, that lesson will be included in the discounted rate.
Discounts are applied to the base rate at the time of payment. Discounts are calculated separately for each payment. (They do not accumulate).
* Payments must be received more than 24 hours before the lesson to qualify as “pre” payments.
Credit card discounts
You can earn similar discounts, without prepayment, by pre-authorizing credit card charges. Please fill out and return the credit card authorization form. Lessons will be billed the week after they are held. Discounts are applied to the base rate at the time of the lesson.
- $5 / hr discount for the first three hours
- $10 / hr discount for the 4th – 11th hours
- $15 / hr discount for the 12th – 23rd hours
- $20 / hr discount starting with the 24th hour
House calls within the three-mile radius are 90-minute lessons billed as two hours. (Book two consecutive hours).
House calls between the three- and five-mile radii are two-hour lessons billed as three hours (book three consecutive hours).
$25 / hr + materials; $550 for entire course. You may make two payments of $295. $100 discount if you are a GRE-1 alumnus who goes on to take the GRE-2 course.
$40 to buy full set, $15 to buy the PDF, or $10 / week to rent.
Access to video lessons
The video lessons publicly accessible on my YouTube channel are all free. (See button at upper right of this website). There are also some secret proprietary videos, and we’ll email you the link for $10 / hr.
Off-hours lessons are normally billed at a 50% surcharge. See Policies page for more info.
Sharing live lessons is a great way to reduce your costs. With n students, the formula for each student’s share of the lesson is (n + 1) / 2n times the
single-student fee. This is summarized in the following table.
|# of students||Discount|
If you refer a student who books at least two hours with me, I’ll be glad to offer you a referral fee equivalent to the value of that student’s first hour (cash or credit to you).
Hungry Bachelor Discount
Will tutor for food! $10 discount for a full meal.